The Apply initial response First Aid short course will equip you with the skills as well as knowledge to sustain life until medical help arrives and also provide knowledge and skill on how to perform CPR.
Book NowThe Apply initial response First Aid short course can be done at any of our High-Risk Training Facilities, located at Yatala, Moranbah, Townsville, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Cairns, Weipa, and Darwin. Your course consists of learning material, theory assessment, and a practical assessment.
The Apply initial response First Aid short course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to sustain life until medical help arrives and also provide knowledge and skill on how to perform CPR. On the successful completion of the course, learners will be issued a nationally accredited ‘statement of attainment’ for the RIIERR205D – Apply initial response First Aid unit.
The course lasts approximately 1 day depending on the number of attendees and their prior knowledge and experience in the industry.
The elements of this unit are:
- Plan and prepare for initial response First Aid
- Assess the situation
- Apply First Aid
- Record and report incident
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, you must possess basic literacy and numeracy skills. You may be required to complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) indicator prior to enrolling.
If you have any concerns regarding the literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Nil (we supply all resources)
For our public courses at our high-risk training facility trainees must provide:
- Own transport
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
Your Training OptionsWe conduct all our courses on a regular basis. Click the enquire button and enter your preferred dates and we will get back to with dates that suit you?
- Funding – This course may or may not be subsidised by government funding or industry incentives. Some courses as low as $50 (your contribution) Enquire NOW to see if you are eligible for any funding options available (for some courses only) – we are a registered RTO for various State & Federal Funding including UserChoice, Certificate 3 Guarantee, CSQ, Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Aboriginal Responsive Skilling Grants or BERT
- Night course options (subject to minimum numbers)
- We can come to you
- Group bookings
- Bundle packages available
Nominal (supervised) hours represent the supervised structured learning and assessment activity required to sufficiently address the content of each course (acknowledging that progress can vary between learners).
This course has nationally agreed nominal hours of 20.
The volume of learning identifies the duration of all activities required to achieve the learning outcomes of the course, including all training and learning activities such as guided learning, individual study, learning activities in the workplace and assessment activities.
The time taken to complete this course may vary due to contributing factors such as previous experience.