This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as an operator on sites such as an open cut coal mine, a quarry or an open cut metalliferous mine, undertaking a prescribed range of tasks involving known routines and procedures, and taking some responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Book NowThe Certificate II in Surface Extraction qualification can be done at any of our High-Risk Training Facilities, located at Yatala, Moranbah, Townsville, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Cairns, Weipa, and Darwin. Your course consists of learning material, theory assessment, and a practical assessment.
The Certificate II in Surface Extraction qualification will equip you with the skills and knowledge to undertake work as an operator on sites such as an open cut coal mine, a quarry or an open cut metalliferous mine, undertaking a prescribed range of tasks involving known routines and procedures, and taking some responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Throughout this course you will learn:
- First Aid
- Sustainable work practices that are environmentally friendly
- Controlling risks in the workplace
- Follow Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Comply with site procedures and processes
- Monitor and maintain quality standards on the job site
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, you must possess basic literacy and numeracy skills. You may be required to complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) indicator prior to enrolling.
If you have any concerns regarding the literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Nil (we supply all resources)
For our public courses at our high-risk training facility trainees must provide:
- Own transport
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
Your Training OptionsWe conduct all our courses on a regular basis. Click the enquire button and enter your preferred dates and we will get back to with dates that suit you?
- Funding – This course may or may not be subsidised by government funding or industry incentives. Some courses as low as $50 (your contribution) Enquire NOW to see if you are eligible for any funding options available (for some courses only) – we are a registered RTO for various State & Federal Funding including UserChoice, Certificate 3 Guarantee, CSQ, Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Aboriginal Responsive Skilling Grants or BERT
- Face to face
- Night course options (subject to minimum numbers)
- We can come to you
- Group bookings
- Bundle packages available