This unit covers the conducting roller operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; operating and relocating the machine; and carrying out operator maintenance and clean up.
RIIMPO317F – Conduct roller operations
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to operate a roller to compact material.
The course applies to those working in site based roles.
This course alone does not provide sufficient skill to independently load and unload equipment. To perform this activity safely, personnel must either complete or be assisted by someone who has completed RIIHAN308F Load and Unload Plant or equivalent.
The training covers:
- WH&S requirements
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Pre-start, set-up, operational and shut down procedures
- Practical training in Roller operations
- Adjust interchangeable drums, and/or spray bars, and/or scraper bars, and/or wheel/drum brooms and/or drag brooms and/or blades for operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Engage and disengage the compacting device
- Relocating Roller
- Shut down and clean up procedures
If machine has to be hired, these costs may be passed on to students.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, you must possess basic literacy and numeracy skills. You may be required to complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) indicator prior to enrolling.
If you have any concerns regarding the literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Your Training OptionsWe conduct all our courses on a regular basis. Click the enquire button and enter your preferred dates and we will get back to with dates that suit you.
- Face to Face
- Night course options (subject to minimum numbers)
- We can come to you
- Group bookings
- Bundle packages available