This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane safely.
Non-slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that cannot be slewed, and includes:
an articulated mobile crane
a locomotive crane
but does not include vehicle tow trucks.
This unit applies to the activities of a person operating a non-slewing crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes.
TLILIC0008 – Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
The TLILIC0008 Licence to Operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane (Greater Than 3 Tonnes Capacity) course teaches the skills and knowledge required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes safely. It includes operating a non-slewing mobile crane to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer load, mobile load and shut down and secure crane.
It includes articulated mobile cranes and locomotive cranes but does not include vehicle tow trucks.
A person performing this work is required to hold a non-slewing mobile crane high risk work (HRW) licence.
A competent assessment outcome will meet the competency requirement of the National Standard for licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
The candidate or the employer must give access to the machine to conduct the training. The machine must be in good, operation and safe condition and meet with manufacturer guidelines and specifications.
- Have a current white card
- Provide photo ID
A person undertaking this unit must hold:
- a current National HRWL to perform dogging or a current certification for a specific VET course for HRWL to perform dogging that has been issued by, or on behalf of a WHS Regulator.
Your Training OptionsWe conduct all our courses on a regular basis. Click the enquire button and enter your preferred dates and we will get back to with dates that suit you.
- Funding – This course may or may not be subsidised by government funding or industry incentives. Some courses as low as $50 (your contribution) Enquire NOW to see if you are eligible for any funding options available (for some courses only) – we are a registered RTO for various State & Federal Funding including UserChoice, Certificate 3 Guarantee, CSQ, Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Aboriginal Responsive Skilling Grants or BERT
- Face to Face
- Night time classes (minimum numbers)
- We can come to you
- Group bookings
- Bundle packages available