This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 100 tonnes.
Slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that can be slewed, but does not include:
– a front-end loader or
– a backhoe or
– an excavator or
– other earth moving equipment when configured for crane operation.
TLILIC0014 – Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 100 Tonnes)
The TLILIC0014 Licence to Operate a Slewing Mobile Crane (Up to 100 Tonnes) course teaches the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 100 tonnes and includes how to plan work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer load, mobile load and shut down and secure crane after completing operations.
The slewing mobile crane (up to 100 tonnes) is one that is a:
- non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes
- reach stacker
- slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 100 tonnes or less
- vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, excluding the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load
It does not include a backhoe, excavator, front-end loader or other earth moving equipment when configured for crane operation
A operators performing this work are required to hold a slewing mobile crane – with a capacity up to 100 tonnes high risk work (HRW) licence.
A competent assessment outcome will meet the competency requirement of the National Standard for licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
The candidate or the employer must give access to the machine to conduct the training. The machine must be in good, operation and safe condition and meet with manufacturer guidelines and specifications.
- Have a current white card
- Provide photo ID
A person undertaking this unit must hold:
- a current National HRWL to perform dogging or a certification for a specific VET course for HRWL to perform dogging
- a current National HRWL to operate a Slewing Mobile crane (up to 60 Tonnes), and current industry experience operating a slewing mobile crane of between 20t and up to 60t competently for at least 2 years.
Your Training OptionsWe conduct all our courses on a regular basis. Click the enquire button and enter your preferred dates and we will get back to with dates that suit you.
- Funding – This course may or may not be subsidised by government funding or industry incentives. Some courses as low as $50 (your contribution) Enquire NOW to see if you are eligible for any funding options available (for some courses only) – we are a registered RTO for various State & Federal Funding including UserChoice, Certificate 3 Guarantee, CSQ, Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Aboriginal Responsive Skilling Grants or BERT
- Face to Face
- Night time classes (minimum numbers)
- We can come to you
- Group bookings
- Bundle packages available
This course has nationally agreed nominal hours of 30.
The volume of learning identifies the duration of all activities required to achieve the learning outcomes of the course, including all training and learning activities such as guided learning, individual study, learning activities in the workplace and assessment activities.
The time taken to complete this course may vary due to contributing factors such as previous experience.