The Standard 11 is a requirement for any individual working in the Queensland mining industry.
The Standard 11 Induction (Generic Induction) program equips resource workers with core risk assessment and safety skills required to operate safely on work sites.
The Standard 11 Induction covers the health and safety requirements needed by workers to be inducted onto Queensland Coal and Metalliferous mining sites. The course meets all the requirements for Recognised Standard 11 training set by the Queensland Mining Safety Inspectorate. It includes the 6 nationally recognised units of competency required to meet the training needs of the Standard 11 for induction.
The Generic Induction is:
- A nationally-recognised program
- Industry endorsed
- Used by mining companies, contractors and labour-hire firms
- Fully compliant with the appropriate legislation
Units of competency that make up the Standard 11 are:
RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
RIIERR205D Apply initial first aid
RIIGOV201D Comply with site work processes/procedures
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
It is a requirement that the Standard 11 refresher course be attended once every 5 years.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, you must possess basic literacy and numeracy skills. You may be required to complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) indicator prior to enrolling.
If you have any concerns regarding the literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact email@example.com for advice.
Your Training OptionsWe conduct all our courses on a regular basis. Click the enquire button and enter your preferred dates and we will get back to with dates that suit you. Study Options
- Funding – This course may or may not be subsidised by government funding or industry incentives. Some courses as low as $50 (your contribution) Enquire NOW to see if you are eligible for any funding options available (for some courses only) – we are a registered RTO for various State & Federal Funding including UserChoice, Certificate 3 Guarantee, CSQ, Skilling Queenslanders for Work, Aboriginal Responsive Skilling Grants or BERT
- Face to Face
- We can come to you
- Group bookings
- Bundle packages available
Nominal (supervised) hours represent the supervised structured learning and assessment activity required to sufficiently address the content of each course (acknowledging that progress can vary between learners).
This course has nationally agreed nominal hours of 136.
The volume of learning identifies the duration of all activities required to achieve the learning outcomes of the course, including all training and learning activities such as guided learning, individual study, learning activities in the workplace and assessment activities.
The time taken to complete this course may vary due to contributing factors such as previous experience.