GTA-R - Gas Test Atmospheres - Refresher
The refresher course is designed to meet industry standards requiring that the skills and knowledge required to: test the working atmosphere, use electronic test apparatus, and determine it is safe to perform the proposed work is current and valid. This course is 100% online, allowing you to work through the course content and refresh your knowledge self-paced, at any time!
Are you a busy professional looking for a convenient and flexible way to refresh your knowledge and skills in gas test atmospheres? Then the Gas Test Atmospheres - Refresher Course is the perfect option for you!
Individuals who have previously completed MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres and hold a Statement of Attainment may be required to complete refresher training to maintain currency. Industry standards recommend that individuals should undertake refresher training every two years. This is due to changes in Australian and industry standards, as well as updates in WHS legislation, regulations, and codes of practice, that can impact the knowledge and skills required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. Refreshed knowledge and skills can help improve workplace safety and minimise the risk of injury or harm to yourself and others.
Our online refresher course offers the convenience of studying at your own pace, from anywhere and at any time. You can access the course material on any device, making it easy to fit your studies around your work and personal commitments. Our experienced trainers have designed the course to refresh your knowledge on key concepts and update your skills according to the latest industry standards and regulations.
Course Delivery and Duration
You will have 30 days from the date of your course enrolment to complete the refresher.
Unit/s and Certification
In total, you need to complete the 1 nationally recognised unit of competency, MSMWHS217 - Gas test atmospheres. Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The SOA is issued upon successful completion within 2 business days provided that all entry requirements have been met and course fees are paid in full.
As a minimum, personnel need to be refreshed in their knowledge of:
- recognise and assess conditions that require testing
- identify the appropriate action according to procedures and within scope of responsibility, including:
- selecting, preparing and using gas testing equipment
- applying testing regime
- selecting and using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- identifying hazards and applying control measures
- cleaning and maintaining equipment
- take readings and interpret, report/record relevant data
- apply known solutions to routine problems
- communicate clearly and unambiguously with a range of personnel on safety conditions and procedures.
To be eligible for this refresher course, we will require
- A clear copy of your drivers licence or photo identification;
- An RTO issued previous Statement of Attainment listing the gas test atmospheres competency that is less than 5 years old or lists the unit MSMWHS217.
- Please note we will not accept wallet cards.
- In case you don't have access to your current Statement of Attainment, you can obtain a VET Transcript from your USI student portal. For instructions, click here and select How to view and download my USI Transcript.
To proceed with this course, students will require:
- Sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy is required for students to be able to complete the required assessments;
- Be at least 15 years of age;
- Our courses can be accessed on any device with an internet connection, making it accessible to anyone with basic computer skills;
- USI - It is a condition of enrolment in any nationally recognised training (accredited) programme that you supply the registered training organisation with a valid unique student identifier (USI).
To avoid delay in processing and issuance of your Statement of Attainment outside our standard turnaround time, please provide payment or company purchase order upon enrolment and/or if providing USI transcript, please ensure it includes a QR verification code
If the student does not meet the refresher requirements, and therefore is required to complete the full course, an additional assessment fee will apply for the practical training and assessment component which can be delivered at any of our training facilities throughout Queensland.
Support and Assessments
Our refresher course material is specifically tailored to update the knowledge and skills of individuals who have previously completed this particular unit of competency. The assessment for this refresher course consists of a series of questions that relate to the subject matter covered in the original course, which reinforces key concepts and enables learners to demonstrate their comprehensive understanding of the refreshed knowledge and the information they already possess from their experience.
Our student handbook is available to prospective students and is available prior to enrolment by contacting any of our training locations or can be found through this link. The student handbook reflects our policies and contains important information on enrolment, recognition, training & assessment, complaints and appeals, fees and refunds, rules and responsibilities and a range of general information.
Upon completion of the course, you will possess not only real-world skills and understanding but also a nationally recognized and accredited statement of attainment. Click Enrol below to get started!
|MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres - Refresher||Online||$180.00|